Tue, 27 Sept|
Jurys Inn Liverpool
Drama and Theatre Education Matter: hear young voices
A Drama and Theatre Education Alliance (DTEA) Seminar at the Labour Party Conference 2022 on the importance of drama on the National Curriculum.
Time & Location
27 Sept 2022, 10:00 – 11:30 BST
Jurys Inn Liverpool, 31 Keel Wharf, Liverpool L3 4FN, UK
About the event
- Location: Conference Room 9 Jury’s Inn, Liverpool
- Date: Tuesday September 27th
- Time: 10.00-11.30
- Refreshments: Coffee and continental Breakfast
- Cost: Free
This important Seminar will launch a series of policy conversations, facilitated by DTEA, concerning the status of Drama and Theatre Education in schools, theatres and universities.
The session will begin with a short performance by Calday Grange Grammar School, followed by keynotes from drama specialists working in Primary, Secondary, Theatre and Higher Education. The Seminar will be chaired by a member of the Labour Party.
There will be a Q & A session which will address the following DTEA aspirations:
- The inclusion of Drama as a Foundation Subject in the National Curriculum with the same status as Art and Music;
- The entitlement of every child to at least one annual engagement with professional theatre.
- A drama curriculum and theatre repertoire that is more representative of the UK’s diverse population.